Washington State Consumer Protection Class Action Information

How to help your case
Consumers in Washington State who believe they have been the victims of unfair or deceptive business practices can try to obtain relief directly from the company or can seek the help of state or federal agencies, such as the Federal Trade Commission, the Consumer Protection Division of the Washington Attorney General’s office or the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions. However, consumers should not wait too long to consult a lawyer if they fail to get a satisfactory response. While the Washington Consumer Protection Act has a four-year statute of limitations for bringing any claims in court, many federal laws give consumers as little as a year to bring a claim.

In contacting SGB or any other attorney about a consumer claim, it is important to provide as much documentation as possible regarding transactions with the defendant company. This could be important for establishing the “paper trail” and proving your case down the road.
  • Keep copies of all communications, contracts, bills, marketing materials, warranties, web pages, or other records of your dealings with the company.
  • If you communicate directly with the company about your concerns, ask that they put their response to your inquiries in writing.
  • If you talk to a customer service representative or other employee, try to get the employee’s name or i.d. number.

Let us help you
There is no charge for us to review your situation. We can usually tell you right away whether we believe you have a Consumer Protection class action. If we take the case, we do so on a contingency basis and we advance all the costs of the litigation. The workers are not responsible for fees or costs, and we only recover our fees and costs if we are successful in obtaining relief for the class through judgement or settlement. Contact us for a free, confidential case review or call us at 1-800-809-2234.